Many patients feel self-conscious about dental treatment and nervous about visiting the dentist. We offer special care to our anxious patients in the form of intravenous sedation to make their appointments more comfortable and relaxing.
This is a completely safe technique, which will let you snooze through your dental treatment, comfortable and relaxed with little awareness of the procedure. You are not technically asleep, although that is the sensation many patients describe, but will have little or no memory of the treatment, including the common anxiety triggers of the sounds and smells of the dental surgery.
Our team of dentists and nurses are specially trained to deliver this type of sedation, using the most modern equipment to monitor you during the sedation and recovery and they will make sure you are safe and comfortable at all times during your visit.
You remain awake and aware while receiving the sedation, but you will experience a deep sensation of peace and relaxation, while the team work on your teeth.
Don’t let your fear of the dentist stop you from looking after your teeth.
You will need somebody to drive you home and stay with you after your treatment.
Sedation may be suitable for you if:
- You are an adult
- You are very anxious about dental treatment
- You have had a bad experience at the dentist in the past
- You have a fear of needles or other dental equipment
- You have difficulty getting numb
- You are having complex treatment or oral surgery
- You have a phobia of the noises and smells of a dental surgery
- You have sensitive teeth
- You are unable to keep your mouth open for a long time
- You have a very strong gag reflex